There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
Horizon Health Home Care is an excellent choice to keep you or your loved one at home. We serve people of any age, seven days a week, in Morrison County, Minnesota.
Each of our dedicated and professional staff member receives the required dementia training annually, which includes, but not limited to:
- The basic understanding of the brain
- Understanding the different types of dementia
- Communication strategies
- Person-Centered techniques
- Challenging behaviors
- Assisting with daily activities
Home Care provides essential services whenever a person needs assistance over a short or long term. Horizon Health Home Care services include:
- Skilled nursing – Registered and licensed practical nurses provide dressing changes, wound care, post-surgery follow-up, diabetic teaching, IV therapy, and end of life care.
- Therapy services – physical, occupational, and speech – provided by qualified and trained therapy professionals. Therapy programs are tailored to meet the needs of the individual patient.
- Home health aides and personal care attendants – these trained professionals assist clients with bathing, exercises, and other types of personal care.
- Homemaking services – qualified homemakers provide services such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping.
- Respite services – provide temporary care to give primary caregivers a break from their care giving duties. Respite may be just a few hours or several days, depending on the plans of the caregiver.
- Licensed health care social worker – these professionals advocate for clients’ needs and guide them in making decisions about their physical, financial, and emotional care.
- Automated medication systems – remind people to take their medications on time and in the correct dosages.
Horizon Health Home Care services help when returning home from the hospital, and some use the services on an ongoing basis.
Do you need just a little help? Our Independence Plus Program is a program designed just for you. A little extra help can go a long ways.
For more information about our Home Care services, call 320-468-2788 or 800-224-6451.